Tax season for the 2102 tax year
As taken directly from the SARS website
Sunday, 1 July 2012 marks the start of Tax Season 2012.
As from this date you can begin to submit your Income Tax return to the South African Service (SARS).
This year SARS wants to help you be good at tax by offering you a few Tax Season tips:
- File your return early and electronically
- Be honest about the information you give SARS
- Need help?
- You can call the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 SARS (7277) for advice. When calling the Contact Centre, please make sure you have your ID number and income tax reference number at hand for speedy assistance.
- You can also visit your nearest SARS branch where our agents will file electronically for you. Make sure that you bring all your supporting documents with you.
- And don’t miss the deadline: This is really important. If you submit your return after the deadline you will face an administrative penalty of at least R250 per month that your return is outstanding!
- The deadline for all taxpayers who wish to submit their tax return manually, by posting it or dropping it off at a SARS drop box, is 28 September 2012.
- The deadline for all taxpayers who submit their returns electronically at a SARS branch, is 23 November 2012.
- Non-provisional taxpayers who file via eFiling have until
23 November 2012 to submit their returns.
- Provisional taxpayers who file via eFiling have until 31 January 2013 to submit their returns.