Was at a workshop hosted by Investec Asset Management this am and heard these rather interesting stats…
- 23% of US homeowners are in negative equity (they owe more on their house than their house is worth)
- At the current growth rate, India will have more people than China by 2030
- 99% of the world’s fastest growing cities are in Asia
- There are 65 Chinese cities with more than 1million people (only 2 in SA apparently)
- 30% of the world’s children live in India
- More than 1.6 billion Cokes are consumed each day!
And then from the SA Savings Institute- 72 percent of working South Africans earn less than R12 500 a month